Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Engines to last for 3 races

The FIA just said that they will want the engines for the Formula 1 cars to last for 3 races next year, I wonder how are they going to manage that? Can we expect more retirements for every race there is? I think we can.

For this year the FIA has a rule to say that all drivers can only change their engines after it has been used in 2 races. It is already a problem for the teams and drivers as they couldn't expect the car to last to the end of the race or not. I'm beginning to suspect that Massa's retirement in Hungary is because he is using his old engine and a low quality con-rod. Which reminds me of Raikkonen's car which seem to have exploded in the Valencia GP.

That's the FIA, their job is to make up silly rules like not allowing tyre change in the 05 season and no traction control for the 08 season. There are a few useful rules that came from them now and then but mostly the rules and silly.

Want to cut down costs eh? Standard engines and all that junk. I don't see them dropping the idea of the KERS, I heard that the system is of a very high cost and they are saying they are cutting down on costs...

No comments: